I provide professional counseling and therapy services for individuals who find themselves stuck in a place where they don’t want to be and are unsure how to move forward. Although their destination is not clear nor how to actually begin taking the first step toward a life they want to live, they know that the time has come to do something different, because what they are doing is not working.
Most people that I work with tend to be regular people just like you, who are trying to live the kind of life that they prefer. I take a holistic approach in that I consider the whole person, believing that a person’s emotions, thoughts, physical health, values, family life, work world, social connections and faith life each play an important part of a person’s life. I work with clients who range in age from mid-teens throughout adulthood.
Here is a partial list of some of the typical ways that I have been able to successfully help people:
- Alleviating depression, sadness, sorrow about life circumstances, powerlessness, rejection, breakups, disappointments, loss or betrayals.
- Decreasing anxiety and developing skills to better deal with worry, nervousness, fear and panic.
- Responding to dissatisfaction, poor communication, verbal fighting, loss of interest in love relationships and friendships.
- Guiding teachers and educators to newer and more effective ways of responding to the unique stressors they face from every side.
- Overcoming your own or other’s jealousy, suspiciousness, affairs, controlling behaviors and deceit in relationships.
- Coming to terms with anger and finding new ways to react to others to get needs met.
- Adjusting to divorce, separation and break ups.
- Grieving the loss of a loved one or pet.
- Managing stress occurring in the workplace, in the family, among friends or in the social media environment.
- Supporting pastors and their spouses in responding to the demands of their calling.
- Dealing with trauma, abuse or other bad experiences from the past affecting the present.
- Responding more effectively to a partner’s or family member’s addiction or problems with using alcohol or other substances.
Consider this: since you are on this page reading this, you have actually taken the first step toward finding a solution. You are already preparing to move in a different direction. I encourage you to you keep the momentum going and give me a call and let’s see what I may be able to offer you.
“Suffering that is not transformed, will be transmitted.” Richard Rohr