If you are not using your medical insurance and will be paying out of pocket, my fee is $120 per 55 minute session. We can arrange longer or shorter sessions if you wish and adjust the fee accordingly.
I am a credentialed in-network provider for the following insurance carriers. If your company is not on the list, we still may be able to arrange for coverage for me as an out of network provider. Give me a call and we can pursue this.
- Blue Cross – Blue Shield
- United Health Care
Virtually every health insurance provider or employee benefit plan covers behavioral health or mental health services, including couple counseling. Every policy though, differs in terms of what you are required to pay out of pocket. Copay amounts for mental health services are almost always less than the copay amounts for your PCP or specialists, and your insurance company will be able to tell you. I encourage you to call your insurance company to determine what amount, if any, you will be responsible for paying. You typically find the their phone number on the back of your insurance card.
When you do call your insurance provider, I’d recommend asking these questions to help determine your benefits:
- What will my out of pocket cost be for psychotherapy or family psychotherapy? (Use the term “family psychotherapy” if you are seeking couple counseling and not “marital counseling” or “couple counseling.”
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Do I have co-insurance as part of my plan? If so, how will this affect me?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
You will only responsible for paying me the portion of the fee that your insurance company does not pay at the time of each visit. I will take care of billing your insurance company. You can find out more about payment details in the Service Agreement document that is found under the “Forms” tab above.
I prefer that you pay with cash, check, or Venmo, but accept all major credit cards.
Any Other Questions?
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have about costs, insurance or billing. I look forward to hearing from you!